There are many different types of love and there is no unique way to know if you are really in love, or if you are simply idealizing that special person. However, if you pay attention to how you feel and how you act around that special someone, you should be able to know if you are really in love. If you want to know how to do it, just follow these steps.
Recognize what you think and what you feel
Determine if you cannot imagine a future without your loved one. If you really are in love, then you should not be able to imagine a future that does not include your loved one. Whether you think about moving to another city, having children, spending a year abroad, or reaching any of your goals in the future; you should think about doing these things together with that special person. If you can not imagine your life without your loved one (not just next summer, or next year), then you may be truly in love. Here are some signs that you are truly in love:
- If you cannot think about starting a new chapter in your life, either in a new job or moving to a new place, without your loved one next to you.
- If you have thought about having children, but you can not imagine having children with anyone but your loved one.
- If you cannot imagine aging without your loved one by your side.
Determine if you can spend a few hours without thinking about your loved one. To be in love, you do not have to be obsessive about the person you love; In fact, it’s the opposite. If you have a healthy love relationship, then you should be able to spend time away from your loved one without obsessing about what you may be doing every 5 seconds. However, if you can spend a whole weekend, or a whole month, without your loved one crossing your mind, then you may like it a lot, but you do not necessarily feel love for that person. Here are other signs to know if you really are in love:
- If you read a book or watch a movie alone, you wonder what your beloved could say about that.
- If you try on clothes without your loved one, and think if you will like your new appearance.
- If you call or chat with your loved one just to say hello or to hear their voice, then you may be falling in love.
Determine if you really value the opinion of your loved one. If you really are in love, then you will not be thinking of your loved one as a perfect object that should be adored, but as a human being who lives and breathes with an interesting perspective and a unique opinion. If you really are in love, then you should value the opinion of your loved one and you should care what you think, whether it is about your next labor movement or about the political situation in your country. Although you do not have to care what you think about absolutely everything, if you do not try to really value the opinion of your loved one, then you may not be in love yet. Here are some signs that you have found your true love:
- If you take into account the ideas of your loved one when you make an important decision, then it is because you take your partner seriously enough to be in love.
- If you are in a difficult social situation and value the opinion of that special someone about what you should do, then it is possible that you are falling in love.
- If you care what that person thinks about news, politics, art, or anything else that really matters to you, then you may be truly in love.
Determine if that special someone makes you want to be a better person. If you are really falling in love, then you should not feel completely comfortable with your current situation, even if you are very happy with that person. Although being happy with the relationship you have and with the person you are is essential, being with your loved one should make you want to take your life to the next level and ultimately be the best person you can possibly be. Here are some signs that you are really in love:
- If you want to read more, know more, do more, and in general be a better person in all aspects, not only to satisfy that person but also because it really motivates you to change your life in a positive way; then you may be in love
- If you want to work on addressing your shortcomings and developing your character just to be close to your loved one, then you may be falling in love.
Determine if you feel like the best version of yourself when you are close to that person. If you are in love, then that person’s love should bring out the best in you. After all, if you’re in love, then you want to be with that person for the rest of your life, so it should make you feel like the best version of yourself. If you feel like you cannot be completely who you really are, or that you are not complete in some way when you are close to that person, then you may not be in love. Here are some signs to know if you are in love:
- If you feel handsome or beautiful when you are close to that person, even if you look the same as always.
- If you feel like you are smarter and sharper when you talk to your partner.
- If you feel more confident when you are close to your loved one, and you never worry about sounding something stupid when you say something.
Determine if you are aware of the defects of that person and see if you have no problems accepting them. If you are really falling in love, then you should be able to see that special someone as a human being with flaws, not as an ideal version of your love. If you insist that that person is perfect, then you really have a problem. But if you feel comfortable admitting that that person may be a bit selfish or not the best listener in the world, then you have a more realistic perspective of the relationship and it is much more likely that you are truly in love.
- Being aware of the person’s shortcomings does not mean that you should not help them face them, if that is the right thing to do.
- If you cannot think of two or three things that make that special someone less than perfect, then you may not be seeing that person for what he really is.
- If you and your loved one feel comfortable enough to laugh at each other’s faults, then you are more likely to be truly in love.
Pay attention to what you do
Determine if you feel pleasure in helping that special person. Love is about giving and receiving. If you are in love, then you should enjoy giving in the same way you enjoy receiving. You should feel happy to make lunch for your loved one, to take it somewhere when you need it, or even to bring your loved one’s clothes to the laundry if you are having a difficult week. Although you should not let them take advantage of you, you should be able to enjoy the help you can give your loved one when you need it, and you should be prepared to be grateful for the help. Here are some signs that you are truly in love:
- If you feel good when making coffee to your loved one or if you surprise him with a dessert from his favorite bakery without feeling like you are wasting your valuable time.
- If you enjoy teaching your loved one how to do something, either how to make a perfect hamburger or how to solve a complicated mathematical problem.
Determine if your loved one makes you laugh. Love does not have to be so serious all the time. Sure, you can spend hours looking into the eyes of your loved one, but well that can be a bit boring. If you really are in love, then you should be able to waste your time and laugh with your loved one, enjoying their sense of humor. Although neither of them has to be comedians for the relationship to work, it helps a lot to be able to laugh together from time to time. This shows that they are comfortable enough (and happy) to be in love with each other.
- If your loved one has the ability to make you laugh even when you are in a very bad mood, then you may be falling in love.
Determine if you enjoy doing small things with that person. True love is not like a soap opera (although riding with your loved one to a vineyard and having a romantic picnic can be an incredibly passionate experience), true love means being able to have fun with your loved one doing anything worldly, from Take a beer or two at a nearby bar until you buy cat litter and stop to buy ice cream on the way home. Here are some signs that you really appreciate all the time you spend with your loved one:
- If you like to watch your favorite TV show with your loved one.
- If you like to go out and buy ice cream with your loved one as much as you like to enjoy a delicious dinner in a restaurant.
- If you enjoy spending the night with your loved one as much as you enjoy going out together on a special date.
Determine if they overcame difficult moments. Love is not a bed of roses. Although if you are really in love, good days must overcome bad days by far, you should enjoy staying in the relationship during less ideal circumstances, from loss of work to the death of a family member. Difficult situations can measure the strength of your relationship, and if you have never had to overcome difficult times with your loved one, then you may not have enough information yet to know if you are in love.
- If you have been able to overcome a difficult problem in your relationship, either to make things work with an obsessive work schedule or face the disappointment of one of the two in the face of an adverse situation in an important event in your life, then the relationship It must be strong enough.
- If you could remain strong during the death of a loved one, then you are more likely to be truly in love.
Determine if you want to leave your comfort zone for your loved one. If you really are in love, then you should be willing to do new and unexpected things for your loved one, even if it makes you feel a bit scared or intimidated. That does not mean that you should walk on burning coal or that you should be embarrassed in front of many people just to win that person’s love, but it does mean that you must be ready, for example, to travel a long distance to visit relatives in Guatemala, or Go hiking once or twice with your loved one if you are obsessed with hiking.
- If you are willing to do something that you never think about what you would do (such as learning a new language or learning to swim) because it is really important for your loved one, then it is very likely that you are in love.
- If you suddenly notice that you are more comfortable with, uhm good, being uncomfortable, without your being loved, then you may be in love.
Determine if you are willing to give in for your loved one. If you really are in love, then you should know that you cannot always do things your way. If your beloved is always giving in to your demands because you are too stubborn, then you probably are not really in love. Being in love means getting what you want at times, and letting your loved one get what he wants other times; or better yet, find a solution that makes them both happy.
- If you are in love, then not only must you be willing to give in for your loved one, but you should also feel good about making a decision together, instead of feeling as if you have not obtained what you really wanted.
- If you really are in love, then both should be able to give in, instead of one person giving in to the other’s requests all the time.
Determine if you are comfortable with maintaining your individuality. If you are really falling in love, then you should not become a clone of your loved one, copying all your interests and hobbies, and discarding everything you liked before starting the relationship. Instead, you should be able to maintain your sense of individuality as they grow as people together. If you are really falling in love, then you should be able to do the following things:
- Feel comfortable spending time with your friends without your loved one, and let him do the same.
- Feel good keeping your own interests (like soccer or yoga), even if your loved one does not practice them.
- Be happy by spending some time alone, instead of always being by your loved one.
Pay attention to what you say
Determine if you can say what you really think in front of your loved one. If you really are in love, then you should not hold back when you talk to your loved one. That does not mean you should tell him every little thing that bothers you, or that you should scold him because you feel you are being very honest, but it does mean that you should feel comfortable enough in your relationship to be able to say something that bothers you, or to share your true feelings, without feeling as if it will not matter because your loved one may feel upset, bored, or simply does not care.
- If you can tell your loved one exactly how you feel about something without having to worry about sounding immature or silly, then you may be in love.
- If you feel good about telling a joke (no matter how bad it is), then you and your loved one are in the same tune.
Determine if you are happy by spending time talking about nothing with your loved one. If you really are in love, then you and your loved one do not have to have deep discussions all the time about the meaning of life or about the state of the relationship. Much of the love lies in the small things, and most conversations do not have to be about transcendental issues; and that is completely normal.
- If you’re really falling in love, then you should be happy talking to your loved one about the last episode of your favorite series, or talking a bit during the basketball game, and feeling that that’s enough.
- If talking on the phone after laughing all the time with your loved one questions “what were we talking about?”, Then you may be in love.
Determine if you feel comfortable revealing your weaknesses to your loved one. If you are really falling in love, then you should be comfortable enough to let your loved one see your true self, even if it means showing your less pleasant part. If everything you say is designed to make you like your loved one or to make him want to be with you more, then you are not comfortable enough to be truly in love.
- If you are willing to be open and talk about your past mistakes, then it is more likely that you are in love.
- You do not have to tell the person everything that has caused you pain, but you should feel good when you mention something that has affected you.
Determine if you are always looking for new ways to flatter your loved one. If you really are in love, then when you feel like giving your partner a compliment, you should feel a shower of ideas that come to mind. If all you can think of is, “you are beautiful (or)” or “you are very funny (or)”, then you have to dig deeper to know why you really love the person you are with. You should be able to give compliments about the strengths of the person you love, from inside and outside.
- If you are always pleasantly surprised by the endless qualities of your beloved, then you may be in love.
- If you are always telling your loved one something you love about him (and you mean it), then you may be in love.
If you are in love, you will notice the other person because of their inner beauty instead of just the external one.
- If you think about your loved one first thing in the morning and as the last thing in the night, it is most likely that you are in love.
- If you are in love, then you will look at the person for his inner beauty and not for his appearance.
- When you are in love, you constantly try to see or look for that special person.
- If you thought about that person while reading this article, you are probably in love.
- When you listen to love songs and think of “that special someone,” that may be a sign that you are in love.
- Do not rush love! Find the perfect person for you. Do not force yourself to “love” someone just because he is popular, or because you think you should.
- If you cannot say your name without smiling, you could be in love.
- Do not say you’re in love if you’re not sure.
- If you are willing to wait for someone or stay in a certain area for a long period of time, then it is probably love.
- When you’re in love you may not be able to sleep because you can not stop thinking about that person.
- What you think is love may actually be lust or caprice.
- Many people confuse liking someone with loving him. See the tips.