Buying an engagement ring does not have to be a dreaded experience. With the right amount of knowledge about what to look for in a ring along with your enthusiasm for asking the girl of your dreams to marry you, this can be a pleasant exercise to combine your newly discovered ring skill with the money you have available. to spend. In this article, you will learn the most important things you should consider when choosing an engagement ring for your beloved. Start by reading the first step to get ready to choose the perfect engagement ring for your future bride.
Plan to Buy the Best Ring
Take a look at your current jewelry to determine your general preferences. Choosing a ring is a complicated proposition: you want to get something that your girlfriend loves but you also want it to be a surprise. The best way to do it is to see what other rings and jewelry you love to use. You do not have to be an expert in jewelry. Xwb, stay alert to the following trends:
- Style: Do you prefer colorful and vibrant pieces or discreet, austere and traditional styles?
- Color: towards which stones does it seem to gravitate? Does it lean more towards color or does it usually keep it simple with white, silver and gold?
- Bands: the band is the metal that holds the stones in place. Does it point to silver, gold or white? Or are you interested in more fashionable and unusual designs and materials?
- Size: How big are the stones or pieces in most of your jewelry? Do you like smaller and discreet jewels or large and ostentatious rings?
Use clues, your family and friends to draw ideas for potential engagement rings. Even if you take good notes of your current jewelry, many women have particular ideas about their perfect engagement rings. As you approach the big question, consider the following:
- Make a comment about a friend’s engagement ring and ask her preferences at the same time. You can say something like “I think Maria’s engagement ring was a bit ostentatious. What do you think?”
- Ask for ideas to your family and friends. Have you talked about rings or jewelry that you like?
- Determine your opinion about diamonds. Are you a passionate supporter of fair trade and human rights? Make sure you look for recycled gold and conflict-free diamonds as part of your election process.
Talk to her about alternative stones if you do not think she is interested in diamonds. Diamonds make up almost 90% of all the engagement rings sold, but they are not your only option. Many people, who are discouraged by illegal “blood diamonds”, the low intrinsic value of diamonds (which companies inflate artificially) and the relative preponderance of a diamond ring, have opted for alternative stones. You could consider:
- Sapphires: this intense blue stone is the second most common for engagement rings.
- Emeralds: they are bright green stones so you probably want to make sure you like the color before buying it.
- Colored diamonds: yes, they are still diamonds, but yellow, black and pink-dyed diamonds give the ring a unique style while at the same time remaining traditional in a certain way.
Consider committing first and then go buy the “real ring” together. When you are going to spend so much money on a ring, you must make sure that you will like it. Nowadays, men ask for a marriage without a ring, with a simple band of commitment, with more and more frequency and then they go to buy the ring of truth as a couple. This ensures that she gets the ring she wants without all the pressure of choosing something so expensive on her own. Men do not usually buy jewelry and, in general, are less equipped to determine a woman’s taste, so work together!
Choose the Band
Choose the right metal for the band. The band is the circular part of the ring that goes around the finger. It is usually made of gold, silver or platinum, although it can be made from some other combination of metals. Take note that, since metals rub and wear against each other, you should only use rings of the same metal next to each other. Look at his collection of current jewels to get an idea of what he prefers, differentiating the three most common metals:
Gold is yellow and orange in its natural state and is usually alloyed with another metal to give it more durability. Some people prefer the lighter yellow color of less pure gold, such as 14 or 10 carats, since the reflection of yellow will slightly tint the diamond.
- White gold is gold deliberately alloyed with metals to give the mixture a whitish color and must be plated with another metal (rhodium is common) to give it a shiny and silvery appearance. This plate fades but some jewelers occasionally replace the rings that have sold if you ask for it in advance.
- Platinum is hard, strong and naturally silvery but will fade slightly with wear, which is not necessarily a problem. Because a gold setting will make a diamond look slightly yellow, it is a waste of money to buy a diamond of a very high color classification to place it in a gold band.
- Silver is less common but it is also less expensive. It is usually alloyed with another metal to preserve its strength and brightness.
Choose the right band style for your partner, from fresh and trendy to simple and traditional. Once you know the correct metal, you still have some options with the band anyway. Often, you have a bewildering number of options, from classic and simple bands to twisted, wrapped bands or other unique designs.
- Do you want other stones embedded in the band or just metal?
- Do you want a thick band that shows more stones or metal or a thin band?
Consider the “setting” or how the stone will be embedded in the band. The setting can be “clawed” or “invisible”. A setting with a bevel, or at least six claws to give it some redundancy, is safer for a ring that is used during a significant level of activity, although it is possible that some women prefer less metal in between the stone.
Choose the right size . Choosing the band size is an important part of choosing the right engagement ring. One way you can find out the size is to take one of the rings that your girlfriend uses a lot and take it to a jeweler to find out the size (as long as she does not have time to realize she is not). If you can not take one of your rings, try the following:
- Trace the inside of the ring on a piece of paper and then use it to figure out the size
- Place the ring on your finger and then mark it with a ballpoint pen or marker as far as it goes
Lub tswv yim
- If you buy a ring without your girlfriend participating in the decision, you may be unhappy with the shape, color or other elements. Consider it very well since it is the ring that you will use for the rest of your life together. On the other hand, some brides are disappointed if they ask for marriage without the ring. Ask the jeweler if it is possible to make a change if you really do not like your selection.
- A Claddagh ring is a traditional Irish engagement ring and diamonds can be added. If your Irish background is important to her, this is a romantic and beautiful option.
- If your girlfriend has a sister or close friend, take her with you to give you advice.
- If you’re buying an Internet ring, just buy round settings. You will not be able to see the flaws in other designs.
- If you have a close relationship with your mother, you probably know what you will like.
- Ask your girlfriend about the ring but do not make it too obvious that you plan to ask her to marry. For example, ask “What types of rings do you like?” Do not ask something like “If I were to ask you for marriage, what kind of ring would you like?” This will make it too obvious.
- The ring designs you should consider include engravings, filigree, pavé, micro pavé and milgrain.
- You may prefer to have a different gemstone in the center of the ring. A ring of three stones with diamonds on each side of a colored gemstone can be an impressive engagement ring. Rubies and sapphires are durable but emeralds are more delicate. These stones are also much more expensive than traditional diamond selection. Again, clarity is also important in these stones and the color must be vivid and intense.
- Which metal to choose? The most popular used for engagement rings are white gold, yellow gold and platinum. These metals are very durable and, therefore, are suitable for jewelry that will be used for many years.
- If you are going to buy an Internet ring and you are looking for a diamond shape that is not round, make sure you can see an image of the specific diamond that you are going to buy so that you can judge the shape.