Your favorite friend and you spend more time together lately. Suddenly, you blush every time you talk and you realize that you’re ready for something more than a friendship. You want to say something, but you fear to dare because you do not know if you feel the same. Are you part of your friendship zone without any doubt or does your warm and confused feelings correspond? If you want to find out, keep reading this!
Pay attention to what he says
Observe the way he speaks to you. Your body language can reveal how you feel about you. Here are some things you can consider:
- Listen to your tone of voice. While it does not seem important, it can show how much effort you put into your words. If he sounds attentive and hesitant when he speaks, you may have thought what he was going to say.
- Pay attention to your eye contact. Does he look you in the eye when he talks to you or does he look around the room distractedly? If you maintain direct eye contact, it means that you are your main objective and that you are interested in the conversation. However, keep in mind that you may avoid seeing yourself because you are shy.
- Check if it is easily distracted. If someone else approaches while you’re talking to him, do you leave the conversation instantly? If it happens more than once, you probably think that your words are not that important.
Look at what he decides to tell you. The things he talks about can be great indicators of how he sees you in reality. Here are some signs to know if the things you say mean that you want something more with you:
- If you joke . If you joke a lot like playing, it’s a great sign that he’s flirting and he wants you to do the same. If you’re brave enough, add a subtle flirt to lessen the mood.
- If he tells you personal things . If he tells you about his family affairs, or his anxieties and fears, then he may want to take the relationship to a more intimate level.
- If it makes you fulfilled . If he always tells you subtly how smart you are, or if he tells you that you look fantastic, it’s a sign that really admires who you are. If he compliments you more often, he may be interested in you.
- If he does not treat you like his friends . If you realize that when he jokes with his friends he tends to belch, curse and is rude, but that he makes an effort to be more refined with you, it is a sign that he really pays attention to what you say.
- If he asks you about your love life . If you try to subtly find out if you have dates or are dating other guys, you may want to be the only one you look at.
- See if you always try to bond with one of your friends. I may be trying to keep you in the friend zone by making sure you are in love with someone else.
Listen to your comments regarding other girls. You can tell if you just want your advice for an appointment or if you are the girl you like. The constant requests for advice indicate that he is only interested in your opinion, since you are a girl. However, it is also possible to ask for advice so you can gather information about your dreamed boy.
- Pay attention to your past relationships. Short and frequent relationships indicate that he is a real Juan or is trying to make you jealous.
Look at what he says when you’re away. Some guys are very shy and show their feelings better online or maybe on the phone. Realize the ways in which you communicate with yourself through the following methods:
- Phone calls . Your voice will reveal how you feel. A nervous tone of voice, stutter and hesitation indicate that he has feelings for you. Long conversations also lean towards the possibility that you are interested. However, if he does not answer your silences or tries to cut you as soon as possible, he may not want a serious relationship with you.
- Email . If you try hard to impress yourself with your wit and correct grammar, then there is a chance that you will spend a lot of time building your sentences to show how clever and resourceful you are.
- Text messages . Maintaining contact outside of school or work means you want to be included in your life. Instead of reserving text messages for formal situations, you may use them to send a joke or start a conversation. If you try hard to send text messages, you may also want to work hard on your relationship.
- Facebook . Do you “like” many of your photos and post them on your wall often? It may be a sign that the trail is following you.
- Take all this with some skepticism. Some guys are not talking on the phone, sending emails or being on Facebook. Maybe he prefers to see you in person. Remember that there is nothing wrong with that!
Look at what he does
Pay attention to your body language. Body language can have a lot to do to show if you’d prefer to be hugging or just hanging out. Observe the following:
- Accidental touches . Attempts to break the contact barrier show that you want to touch yourself more. Subtle caresses and hand contact may increase as your friendship progresses.
- Stares . His admiration for you can be shown in his eyes. If you realize that he is seeing you and smiles before turning around, he knows you saw him.
- Angles of your body . See if your body is involved while you talk to him. If your whole body is in the direction of you, he is open to what you have to say. It is also possible that you lean towards you. However, keep in mind that this method is not applicable for all children. It is possible that some have the habit of sitting in a certain way.
Look at what he does for you. Do you do everything possible to be a good friend? If so, you may be trying something else. These are some signs to know if you are developing that feeling of love every time you look at it that way:
- If he is always doing you favors . If you find him doing things like going for a walk with you, inviting you to eat when you have a busy day at work, pick up your clothes, or help repair your car, you may be aiming to play the boyfriend role.
- If you are constantly attentive . If you bring your favorite dessert from a bakery, or buy the book you have intended to read, it is a sign that you are really paying attention to your needs.
- If it comforts you when you are upset . Let’s face it, no guy wants to comfort any girl crying, randomly. However, if he really cares about you, he will be there to listen to your problems and probably want to take the relationship further.
See how he acts around other girls. See what he does around other girls, can say what he really feels for you. Here are some ways to get a better idea of your true feelings:
- Do you treat all girls the same way you treat yourself? If you notice that you were the only one with whom you want to be around in large groups, and the only girl you joke with and likes to pass by you when you go to the pool, it is a sign that he wants to be with you.
- However, if you realize that he jokes and has contact with all the girls within eight kilometers, maybe he is just flirting with you.
- Does he brag about his relationships in front of you? If she goes out with her last date and with you at the same time, openly, then it is possible that she really only sees you as a friend.
- However, if it takes you to see what you really think, it can be a sign that you know you are the only one. If you are cautious to go out with other girls, then it may be a sign that you already see yourself as your girlfriend and feel you would be unfaithful.
See if you leave what you have to do to be with you. This is a sure sign that you want to take things to the next level. Here are some ways to know what you really feel:
- Invites you to hang out constantly . This is an obvious indicator that he wants you to be with him more often. It also gives you the opportunity to invite you to leave or be closer to you.
- Try to approach with caution when you are in groups . If you want to be your partner during a class or in a game, chances are you do not have enough of you.
- He constantly affirms that he is “by your house” and asks if he can go through there . If you make excuses about why you want to hang out, you may feel embarrassed about how much you want to be with you.
See how often they come together and what they do
Keep in mind the kind of things you do together. Are you participating in more dating-type activities, or do you go out as friends? Taking a deep and prolonged look at how they hang out can help you understand your true intentions. Here are some things to consider:
- Are you doing couple things together, without being a couple? Do you find yourself going shopping, cooking dinner together, or even going to the farmers market with a grocery bag? These may be signs that he already sees you as a girlfriend.
- When they go out together, do they go out together or with a large group of people? This can indicate if you want to see yourself as more than a friend.
- If she invites her ten best friends or the whole fraternity to join when they leave together, she does not see you as more than a friend. However, pay attention, if you only invite other couples to join you probably want to pair with you.
- But if he invites his brothers, best friends, or if they somehow end up meeting his parents, it is a sure sign that he wants you to be an important part of his life.
Keep in mind how often they come out. You can deduce a lot about what you really think, considering how often and for how long you leave.
- Take into account the frequency of your exits. If you have barely stopped seeing him one day, he may want to spend his nights and days with you. However, if you only see him once a month or so, and he lives in your neighborhood, then maybe he does not want to see you more often.
- Note how long they leave when they meet. Does your date at the café become a three-hour philosophical discussion, or has he already left in the time it takes to ask for the bill? If he can not stop talking to you, it’s a sign that he wants something more from you.
Analyze when and where they are going
Keep in mind where they are going. One of the easiest ways to see if you see yourself as more than a friend is to consider the places where you hang out. Here are some ways to see if you try to take your relationship to a higher level:
- If you are going to eat, keep in mind the type of restaurant. If you are in a bustling, fun bar, where they serve Spanish food, you may see yourself as more than a friend, but if you are in a quiet place, a restaurant lit with candles, with a good wine, you may be trying to to tell you something. However, if you sit next to you in the school cafeteria, it may not mean you are available for romance.
- Look around you, at the other people in the restaurant. Are couples eating each other’s eyes, or are they friends laughing and chatting? This can say something about how he sees you in his mind.
- Do not think too much. You may really like it, but you may also really like Korean barbecue. The location may be a good indicator, but it can not say everything.
- If he invites you to the movies, what kind of film is it? Do you see a romantic or melodramatic comedy, or watch a bloody war movie, or a documentary? The choice of film can tell you if you want to put your arm around you or if you just want to be with a friend.
- If you are going to see a show, is it a low light jazz show or a female singer, or a heavy death metal concert that makes you partially deaf? Is it the kind of place where they stand up and rock, or sit down to enjoy the show romantically?
When they leave can be as important as where they go. It can be a clue to see if you see yourself as a casual friend or if you are trying to take things to the next level. Pay attention to two things in particular:
- Is it day or night? There is a big difference between a lunch and a dinner or a coffee in the morning and a drink in the evening. If they tend to go out more during the day, then in these moments they are going out as friends, in the friend zone , but that does not mean that they do not want more.
- Do they go out during the week or on weekends? If you meet on Monday instead of Friday, you can be in friendly territory once again.
Find out if he really likes you
Ask the people around you. An easy way to know what you feel is simply to ask others. Of course, you should do it with caution, since you do not want him to know what you really think of him. Here are some ways to find out:
- Ask your friends casually. Ask your friends if you are dating or if you feel something for someone. Choose a friend you really trust, although it will be difficult to find a boy who breaks the friend code and does not notify him immediately.
- Ask your friends what they think. Your friends have seen them both together and can be honest about their assessment of the situation.
- Make your friends ask you. Once again, proceed with caution. If it’s not too obvious, have one of your friends ask if he has his eye on someone special. For example, she can pretend that she wants to link him to another person.
Do not harass him or watch him. There is no way to discourage a boy faster than an obsessive girl who tries to know every detail of his life. Here are some things you should avoid at all costs:
- Search information on your phone. If you leave your phone, do not look for anything in it to see if other girls send text messages. If it catches you, you will see that detail as a danger signal.
- Curiosear in your email or Facebook messages. If you leave your computer for a minute, avoid the temptation to pry.
- Follow him everywhere to see who he is dating. This may make you more eager to place a restraining order than to continue with the romance.
Be brave and tell him what you feel. In the end, things can not move forward if you do not take the initiative. If you’re pretty sure that she likes you or you just feel brave and like you have nothing to lose, dare and tell her what you feel.
- Do not worry much. Do not take it too seriously. Do not fix an hour and a place to meet and say: “I have something important to tell you”. You just have to find the right moment to tell him that you feel something for him and you wonder if he does too. Do not make this a big problem, you do not want to feel bad if you do not feel the same